**FR/NL version on cover**
After more than a decade, Samurai Shodown is back! SNK is rebooting one of its most successful series, carrying on the legacy of past titles with a new game that retains the same thrilling battles of past titles in a graphically advanced package. Samurai Shodown's gameplay is driven by the tense atmosphere of being one strike away from death, and the exhilaration of defeating an opponent with overwhelming power and attacks. Taking place between the events of the original game and Samurai Shodown V, the new game carries on the legacy of the one true weapon-based fighter.
Exhilarating Weapons-Based Combat - Samurai Shodown carries on the legacy of the tense battles the series is known for, where players are always one strike away from death, and one powerful attack away from victory
Evolving the Presentation - Using the power of UNREAL ENGINE 4, SNK is able to modernise the unique atmosphere and setting of past titles in a gorgeously artistic package that achieves a detail and graphical quality like never before.
Unique Cast of Returning and New Warriors - Samurai Shodown welcomes back iconic characters from past iterations, including the swordsman Haohmaru, his rivals Ukyo and Genjuro, the shrine maiden Nakoruru, and fan-favourite Galford. The starting roster will include a total of 16 characters - 13 veterans and three newcomers to the franchise.
All New Gameplay - Carrying on some key fighting mechanics that made the series popular, such as the Rage Gauge, Rage Explosion, Sword Clash and more, Samurai Shodown will also include several new techniques, including a powerful, one-time use attack from each character called the Super Special Move
Revolutionary New AI System - Titled Dojo Mode, SNK has developed a proprietary AI system that learns from player patterns and creates a specific Ghost clone from that data. With this system, players can fight against their own Ghost or take on the Ghosts of top players in mock battles.
- After nearly ten years out of the spotlight, SAMURAI SHODOWN is back with a vengeance!
- Developed by the team behind the critically acclaimed King of Fighter XIV
- Brings the same tense, exhilarating battles that the legendary series is known for - extremely high-damage single attacks replicate the brutal strikes of weapons-based combat
- 16 familiar characters return to do battle in a new, cinematic art style that brings each battle to life in a variety of online and offline modes
- Take on the top players in the world through a revolutionary AI system that learns player patterns and creates "Ghost" closes for you to take on in mock battles
|Developer||SNK, Yuki Enterprise|